CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #6

This weekly event is hosted byThe Broke and The Bookish. This weeks theme is...


Top Ten Books I'd Play Hooky With
(Honestly, I'd play hooky with almost any book...but these are my favorites)

1) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
    I have to say this because Im reading it right now and I've been having a lot of trouble paying attention in class with this book sitting on my desk so temptingly. Id rather be hanging out with Perry and Aria than learning physics any day.

2) Finnikin of The Rock by Melina Marchetta
    This book looks so good! I recently got it and I have to physically restrain myself from starting it. I'd skip school for this book in a minute Im sure. Going on an amazing is so much more interesting than homework.

3) The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
    Seeing the movie as intensified my obsession with this trilogy. I would rather spend hours in the Arena with Katniss and Peeta than in school...that sounds kinda bad if you think about it, but you know what I mean. The turmoil of Panem is more interesting than the drama of high school.

4) The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
    Is an explanation really necessary? Who wouldn't leave their boring muggle school for a day at Hogwarts?

    This looks so adorable! Who wouldn't play hooky for a sweet bit of romance?

6) Bitterblue by Kristen Cashore
    I know that as soon as I get this book I will want to stop everything and just read it straight through. I can't wait!

7) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
    I loved this book so much and practically skipped school while reading it because I was so caught up in Juliette's adventure. Plus I would skip class for Adam any day. :)

8) Graceling  by Kristen Cashore
   Do I really have to keep saying why I love Kristen Cashore's books so much? Of course I would play hooky for Graceling! It's awesome!

9) Divergent by Veronica Roth
    This book looks good, sounds good, and everyone says it's good. I'd love a day just to see how good it really is.

10) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
     Hey if your gonna play hooky might as well do it with some thing classy like Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. (Haha see what I did there? It's a classic and I called it classy. Haha...ok I'm done.)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Statistical Probability. It's on its way to me.

    Here's my
    Top Ten Books I'd Play Hooky With.
    Hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I'd definitely leave my boring muggle life behind to be a witch at Hogwarts! It's on my list too. I finished the Hunger Games book yesturday and it was amazing! I can't wait to read the second book! :)

    Happy Reading!
    Here's my TTT
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/top-ten-tuesday-books-id-play-hooky.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe the hype about Divergent! So good! I need to read Graceling, Shatter Me, and Under the Never Sky. Ack! The list goes on and on....http://wp.me/pzUn5-TQ

    ReplyDelete