CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #4

This is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's theme is...

Top Ten Fantasy Books

1) Graceling by Kristen Cashore
    I've put this book in my Top Ten several times....I just love it so much!

2) Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
    This was a favorite of mine in elementary school and I continue to adore the world and the characters that Cornelia Funke has created.

3) The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
    This is just self explanatory

4) The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
    All the political intrigue and magic and characters really make this book something special. I feel like it hasn't received nearly as much acknowledgement as it deserves.

5)The Game of Throne by George R. R. Martin
    I love the show and the book! The characters are so deliciously evil and twisted and this book is just dripping with intrigue and mystery. Plus the whole world the Martin creates is so rich and full of life and history.

6) The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
    I'm usually not one for fairy books but this one changed my mind. I love the world and the characters that Julie creates and the conflict between nature and expansions in technology is just really interesting.

7) Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
    This is an absolutely stunning conclusion to this marvelous trilogy.

8) Dreamdark: Blackbringer by Laini Taylor
    I never thought fairies could be so badass until this book. Seriously, the characters may be small but they seem so real and they really pack a punch.

9) The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Toni DiTerlizzi
    I LOVED these books growing up. They made me wanted roam the woods searching for brownies and fairies.

10) Fire by Kristen Cashore
      With this companion novel Kristen Cashore adds another fantastic layer to the seven kingdoms and shows you characters you can't help but grow attached to.

No comments:

Post a Comment