CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #8

This weekly event is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This weeks theme is...

Top Ten Tips For New Book Bloggers

Since I am still pretty new at this whole blogging thing I am only going to do a couple tips that I have found very helpful as a new blogger.

1) Read other book blogs - This really helped me figure out what a true book blog entailed. It also allowed me to find out about new books coming out that would be good to read.

2) Participate in challenges - Participating in challenges like the 2012 Debut Author Challenge hosted by the Story Siren or the To-Be-Read Challenge hosted by Evie-Bookish has really got me motivated in reading. When I read a book that is a part of the challenge I feel like I've really accomplished something. 

3) Read books you enjoy - This is probably the most important tip that I thing most bloggers would agree on. If you're reading books you don't think you will like you wont want to read them then you wont do a review. If you read a book you think you will like or appeals to you or are in a particular genre  that you like you are more likely to read, finish it, and review.

4) Do something to keep it interesting - Like a weekly meme like this for example or participate in give aways. This will keep it lively and entertaining instead of a chore, or something that you feel you have to do not something that is fun to do.

So these are the tips I have so far that have worked best for me. Tell me what you think or any tips you have for me, they would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments: