CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Top Ten Tuesdays #2

I am participating in the weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's theme is...
Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To

I gotta say that this weeks theme is a little tricky but I think I found the right matches. Tell me what you think. Oh and these aren't in any particular order. :)

1) Incarnate by Jodi Meadows: "New Soul" - Yael Naim. Now, I've only read the sample chapters on my kindle (don't worry Im going to get it soon) but I mean I feel like this song fits with the basic premise. "I'm a new soul. I came to this strange world hoping I could learn a bit 'bout what is true and fake. But since I came her felt the joy and the fear, finding myself making every possible mistake."

2) Graceling by Kristin Cashore: "Unbreakable" - Fireflight. This song I think works perfectly for Katsa and just how badass and "unbreakable" she is. "Now I am unbreakable, it's unmistakable. No one can touch me, nothing can stop me."

3) New Moon by Stephanie Meyer: "My Immortal" - Evanescence. I love this song, not a big fan of the books (although I used to be) but you gotta see how much this song works for Bella in this book."You're presence still lingers here, and it won't leave me alone. These wounds won't seem to heal. This pain is just too real."

4) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: "Me Against the World" - Simple Plan. Just listen to the first couple lines of the song and you'll see how perfectly it fits with the rebellion. Then later on the chorus really works for Katniss. "We're not gonna be just a part of their games. We're not gonna be just the victims."

5) Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: "Why Can't I" - Liz Phair. I feel like this song really captures how Anna feels about St. Clair, especially how they both know they're perfect for each other even though they're both in relationships when they first meet. "Why can't I breath whenever I think about you? Why can't I speak whenever I talk about."

6) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: "The Reason" - Hoobastank. This is more of a theme song for Mr. Rochester then the book as a whole but I had to put it in. It just works so perfectly. For those of you who've read the book you'll know what I mean. "I've found a reason for me to change who I used to be. A reason to start over new, and the reason is you."

7) Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman: "Stolen" - Dashboard Confessional. There aren't really any specific lyrics that work here but I just feel like this song captures the cuteness between Julie and Parr. "Before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced, another sun-soaked season fades away. You have stolen my heart."

8) The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen: "Go" - Boys Like Girls. I feel like this song really captures Macy's struggle to move past the death of her father and her constant efforts to appear perfect. "Get up and go. Take a chance move a long. You could spend your whole life holding on."

9) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: "Ever the Same" - Rob Thomas.  Once again this isn't quite a theme song for the entire book but more of a theme song for the relationship between Peeta and Katniss in this book. Im sure you'll agree that this song shows exactly why they are perfect for each other. "We were drawn from the weeds. We were brave like soldiers, falling down under the pale moonlight. You were holding to me like someone broken"


10) Impossible by Nancy Werlin: "Bridge Over Troubled Water" - Simon and Garfunkle. This song really captures Zach and everything Zach does for Lucy. I know I could've gone the easy way and chosen Scarborough Fair for this book but I wanted to try and be a little creative. "When you're weary, feeling small. When tears are in your eye I will dry them all. Im on your side when times get rough."


I did it! Please tell me what you think and if you did a Top Ten Tuesday leave a link to yours in my comments so it's easy to find! 


4 comments:

  1. I really like My Immortal for New Moon. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome job here! I love how you included the lyrics that stood out to you. Most of them I don't know though. :( I love that we agree on My Immortal for New Moon! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you have such great songs picked! I can't believe I didn't think of My Immortal for New Moon, it's so perfect. =)

    ReplyDelete