CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #1

I am going to start participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This weeks theme is...
Top Ten Books I'd Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens

1) Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
    I love everything about this book from the characters to the cover and the beautiful world that Juliet creates. There's no way I could leave this behind.

2) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
    This is my favorite classic. I really admire Jane and Im in love with Mr. Rochester, and I think they have the best chemistry together.

3) Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
    The first time I read this book I was in 5th grade and I've loved it ever since. It's probably my favorite book from my childhood.

4) The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
    This book really helped me to think more about my life and my own personal quest for perfection. It kinda put things into perspective...plus I love the way Sarah Dessen does romance.

5) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
    I mean really, how could you leave this behind. It's the one that started it all.

6) The Complete Novels of Jane Austen
    It's one big book with all of her novels. Not only was this a present but it's also has the most classic love stories.


7) Graceling by Kristin Cashore
    I love Katsa. I love Po. And I love the world that Cashore has created. Plus I figure Katsa's grace would help me survive the idea of my house being abducted...or atleast give me some emotional support.


8) The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkein
    I could read about Bilbo's adventures while I undergo some alien infested ones of my own.


9) Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
    Sorcha is an inspiring character and I would not want to go without her...plus I adore Red!


10) The Giggler Treatment by Roddy Doyle
      I have really fond memories with my dad reading this book to my brother and me and I wouldn't want to leave it behind. This book is so hilarious (for adults and children)!

3 comments:

  1. New follower! Great list! Here is my IMM if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-10-tuesday-books-worth-saving.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. yeah! I would put all seven but there are so many other books I'd wanna take i wouldn't be able to fit them all.

      Delete